Friday, July 11, 2008

Flashback Fridays: Mya - "My Love Is Like Wo!"

It's Friday and I'm trying to come up with new ideas for the blog as far as posts are concerned. I decided to start posting a "flashback" video every Friday. Flashback doesn't necessarily have to be the back in the day joints, but just something that happened a while ago. The video i chose is from Mýa and its from her 2003 album, Moodring. It's the albums lead single and its titled "My Love Is Like...Wo". The video was shot by video director Paul Hunter, whose been directing since 1996 and has worked with almost everyone from Aaliyah to Nicole Scherzinger. Some of his most notable videos throughout previous years are:
  • Aaliyah - One In A Million (1996)
  • Notorious B.I.G. - Hypnotize (1997)
  • Usher - My Way (1998)
  • TLC - Unpretty (1999)
  • D'Angelo - Untitled (How Does It Feel) (2000)
  • Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, Mýa & Pink - Lady Marmalade (2001)
  • Ashanti - Rock Wit U (Aww Baby) (2003)
  • Snoop Dogg - Drop It Like It's Hot (2004)
  • Mariah Carey - Don't Forget About Us (2005)
  • Justin Timberlake - My Love (2006)
  • Nicole Scherzinger - Whatever U Like (2007)

So here's R&B City's flashback video. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Damien said...

Wow, that made me miss Mya. The video was super hot; she was the sht back then. She needs to come back! =(

Anonymous said...

The video is nice.

Anonymous said...

i've never n my life love a artist as much as mya...its just so hard to accept that n this music business that a female that is so multi-talented could have such a hard time getting back n the music game...its sad that record labels...cant see her potential. she has so much to offer n the entertainment world today.